Kate Bosworth in Instyle via here
I'm loving red lips this holiday season, and apparently I am not the only one. Red lips are everywhere! I've mentioned before that I can't just wear any ol' thing (thanks sensitive skin) but there is one brand without a doubt that I can wear every time. Which one you ask? No other than the beautiful lipsticks at Chanel. If the black and gold packaging doesn't get you, the wide range of colors should. I just picked up a tube of Gabrielle yesterday and can't stop admiring it. It's so bright and playful- perfect for the holidays!
And for all those out there that want the red pout, but can't stand it wearing off and leaving you looking like you just ate a messy Popsicle, try these easy steps.
1) Prep. Exfoliate your lips with a warm wash cloth to get rid of any flakiness.
2) Use a lip pencil. Do the edge, and then fill in the whole lip to create a "base. "(I can't always make myself to do this because I get lazy, but I promise it does make it last longer. Thing to remember though, is to never wear too dark of a liner. You can match it to your lipstick, but if you've chosen a dark shade, go one shade lighter with your liner. Otherwise you'll look like you're bringing back the 90's- and not in a good way.)
3) Apply. You get more pigment straight from the tube so don't feel like you have to use a brush. After the first layer, blot, and then reapply.
4) Powder. It seems kind of counter-intuitive, but adding a small amount of loose powder (use a big brush lightly) actually sets the color and doesn't dry out your lips. If you want to reapply color again, use a brush this time or it can come out cakey.
5) Protect your teeth. The only thing worse that the lipstick ring, is lipstick on your teeth. (Well I guess the only thing worse than that is no one telling you that you have lipstick on your teeth...) I think it was Cindy Crawford who first made this popular but the trick is to take your index finger, put it between your lips, pucker up and pull your finger out. Any lipstick that would have made it on your teeth is now on your finger.
6) Smile. Because like Audrey said, happy girls are the prettiest girls.
What about you all? Have any good tips?