FORAGE | ATL
Join us for an all day creative retreat designed to inspire, educate, and reinvigorate. Hosted by floral designer Amanda Lankford and fine artist Courtney Khail, guests will explore the beauty of floral design and watercolor painting through hands-on learning in a relaxed and inspiring environment.
- 9AM: Breakfast and Introductions
- Meet fellow Forage guests over a light European breakfast of pastries, yogurts, and fruits. Coffee and juices will also be provided.
- 10AM: Floral Design Basics
- Learn "behind the scenes" knowledge about tools, tips, and tricks as Amanda walks you through how to prepare flowers for use. Guests will also be introduced to the basics of foraging, including where to forage, what to look for, and how to best cut foliage and blooms to use in arrangements
- 11AM: Introduction to Watercolors
- Join Courtney as she teaches you the basic principles of watercolor. Some of the topics you will explore include color theory, color mixing, gradients, and brush techniques.
- Noon: Lunch
- Relax, recharge, and converse over a variety of picnic favorites.
- 1PM: Floral Arranging and Design
- Join Amanda as she takes you on a floral journey to create art with flowers. Learn how to care and create with each flower in addition to her foraging techniques that make your arrangement unique to you. Your arrangement will be filled with garden blooms such as peonies, ranunculus, garden roses as well as a variety of other local stems. All tools will be provided as well as a custom vessel to take home.
- 2:30PM: Floral Watercolor Painting
- Using your floral arrangement as both inspiration and subject matter, you will create your very own watercolor painting from start to finish. Both observing and painting alongside you, Courtney will follow your progress while offering guidance and answering questions as needed.
- 4PM: Cocktails and Goodbyes
- Chat, snap photos, and relax while enjoying light bites and a signature floral inspired cocktail. Non-alcoholic beverages will also be available.
FORAGE | ATL will be held at the studio of Amanda Jewel Floral + Design
Nicknamed "The Little White House," the AJF+D studio is housed in a converted Southern home just outside of Atlanta, Georgia.
5180 Lavista Road | Tucker, Georgia 30084
Courtney Khail is the founder and artist of the fine art studio Courtney Khail, LLC
Originally from Augusta, Georgia, Courtney studied visual arts at John S. Davidson Fine Arts Magnet School for eight years before going onto receive her Bachelor of Fine Arts in Scientific Illustration from The University of Georgia's Lamar Dodd School of Art.
Today Khail’s work explores her fascination with nature- especially its ability to reflect the complexities and juxtapositions present within each of us. Greatly influenced by her background in scientific illustration, her work combines expressive line work with abstracted color and form, resulting in vibrant floral paintings that blur the line between the natural and the man made.
Her work has been featured in various publications and websites such as The Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Food Network, Southern Living, and CommonCreativATL. In 2016 Jezebel Magazine named Khail “One to Watch” and in 2017 she was voted the “Atlanta’s Best Emerging Visual Artist” by Creative Loafing Magazine.
When she's not painting, you can usually find Courtney camping, kayaking, or hiking, with her husband and their rescue pup.
For more information on Courtney, click here
Amanda Lankford is the Creative Director and Owner of AJF+D.
Amanda grew up on a farm spending her days barefoot (usually still is) picking flowers in the field and making flower crowns out of weeds. She discovered her passion for florals as a teenager when she worked as a delivery driver for a florist and experienced the joy flowers brought to clients. The best moment of her career thus far was moving into the studio. She loves having her own space to take care of and decorate for clients so they have a memorable client experience.
The company is going on three years of being awarded “The Best Of” by The Knot and you have seen Amanda’s work published in Style Me Pretty, Unveiled, Brides, The Celebration Society, The Knot Georgia, Green Wedding Shoes, Southern Weddings and many more! She is known for her creativity and unique designs that create an experience like no other.
When she’s not curating designs with AJF+D clients, you'll find Amanda hanging with her sweet little family of four. She loves getting mail, the scent of baked cookies and homemade macaroni and cheese, her hubby donning a suit and summertime with the windows down.
For more information on Amanda, click here
FORAGE| ATL is $475 per attendee
Thanks to the relaxed nature of the workshops taught, all experience levels are welcome to join.
- Two Floral Design Workshops
- Two Watercolor Painting Workshops
- All supplies needed to participate in the workshops, including a take home vessel for your floral arrangement
- Introductory supply kits and other surprises curated by Amanda and Courtney to inspire continued creative exploration
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Afternoon Cocktails and Snacks
*Transportation and Lodging are not provided. Attendees are encouraged to bring their personal camera or phone to capture the experience.
Are you ready to get inspired and explore your creative side? Then FORAGE | ATL is for you.
*Space is limited so reserve your seat today! | Connect with us at #FORAGEATL